Digital Camera Comparisons
Find a digital camera with the right features
So you're ready to start your digital camera comparisons. Are you sure? Are you familiar with all of the digital camera terms?
It's important to know the terms before you begin your comparisons. How will you know if a camera that offers a maximum aperture of f2.8 is better than one that has f4.5 if you don't know what aperture even means? Is it worth it to spend $200 more dollars on an 8.0 megapixel camera than a 4.0 megapixel if you don't know how many megapixels you need?
Here are 10 quick questions to get you thinking about all the possible digital camera features you can get.
- How many megapixels do you need?
- What multiplier do you want for your zoom lens?
- Do you want a compact camera or digital SLR?
- What minimum and maximum aperture would you like?
- Do you want to use AA batteries or a Li-Ion pack for your camera?
- Do you want to us CompactFlash or xD memory cards?
- Should the camera be able to use an external flash?
- Should the camera have aperture priority and shutter priority modes?
- Do you want to take digital photographs underwater?
- Do you want the camera to have panorama and movie mode?
If you know the answers to all of these questions then you are ready to begin your digital camera comparisons. If some of this terminology is still confusing, just click on the term in the question above that you are not familiar with.